Raison d'etre

Coming Soon!

blaupunkt

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sorrow 5-9-2006

I read about it on Monday, 12.30p.m. on Yahoo and felt deprived of something...
I called my bro and he said to wait for confirmation, as there was a rumour before this that turned out to be false.
So I waited, hoping for something to change the headlines...
I continued searching, arriving at the international Herald Tribune at 4.20, stating for a fact that, Steve Irwin has died.
He was a person that I admired, someone I wanted to be, alongside Jeff Corwin and David A. They are the ones who I believe helped shaped Animal Planet to what it is today.
He had limitless energy and passion for conservation, and I take it all in, his quirky language, his fondness for Khakis, his living for the moment attitude....
Very few people live such an adventurous life as he did, and I think he succeeded well, roping in his family into his passion, co-hosting with his wife, establishing and expanding Australia Zoo, spreading his conservation message far and wide in an educational and exciting manner...
He was someone I hope to meet someday, whether or not I'll be in the field of conservation, going on an expedition with him, learning from him and experiencing his enthusiasm... the future of conservation appears bleak, and it is his vigour and passion that reminds me that there is still hope...
I went through that day feeling a great loss, and didn't quite know how to shake the feeling away...
But reading on... these few days, I realise that...although it is ironic and sad, the fact is that he left behind his work, his passion, his legacy working for something he believed in and loved so much...........
And that is something I hope to emulate, to live my life for something I believe in and leave the world knowing I made a difference...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails